90 Day Unconditional Return Policy
Cathay Gems is firm in our belief that the pearl jewelry pieces we carry in our stores are absolutely the best value in their quality. We can say this with confidence because we operate our own pearl jewelry-manufacturing unit, which means that every aspect in the creation of our products is under our total control. Our in-house jewelers and jewelry designers are among the best in the trade. Be assured that their creative input on our products is nothing other than superb. Most of all, the standards of quality we impose throughout every aspect of our business is of the highest possible. The pearl jewelry pieces that Cathay Gems sells are a testament to how serious we take our enterprise.
It is our sincere wish to produce nothing but high-quality jewelry using high-grade pearls. Pearls have always been a symbol of wealth and elegance. In ancient times, only members of royalty and the noble were allowed to wear pearls. Commoners had no way of having pearl jewelry made for them unless they truly had the means to afford it. This is because cultured pearls were unheard of back then and high-grade freshwater pearls were hard to come by. Just as it was back then, today it can take many, many years to have enough pearls to make an opera-length pearl necklace.
Time, however, has allowed for the sophistication of technology surrounding the culturing of pearls. In turn, this has allowed pearl jewelry to become more widely available through mass production. Mass production, unfortunately, has become synonymous with average quality.
Average quality is certainly not what our pearl jewelry pieces represent. Compare them with the products of our competitors and you will surely see that the pearl pieces we sell are among the best in the market. We believe that every woman in the world deserves a beautifully made piece of pearl jewelry, and among the most breathtaking sights in today’s world is of a woman carrying herself with self-confidence and elegance, adorned with luminous pearls.
We at Cathay Gems take our business seriously. We always ensure that our products are beautiful, flawless, and truly without defects at lowest price. There is nothing more that we want other than to have our customers pleased with the products they buy from us and with the service that we render them.
However, we do understand that there are circumstances that are simply beyond our control. Perhaps during the shipment from our office, the pearls were jostled, resulting in scratches on their luminous surface. Perhaps the string holding them together has weakened or snapped. Or perhaps just prior to or after receiving them, you have a change of heart about your order, or found the items too long/short, not the right color/size/grade. Such things aren't everyday occurrences, but they can happen, and while out of our control we still want to do our best to make every order work for you. So if for any reason something happens here's what we can offer to you:
For every piece of pearl jewelry that you buy from us, we offer you a 90-day guarantee. This 90-day guarantee will allow you to return the pearl jewelry piece that you bought from us, and in turn, we shall completely refund your money for the items that you purchased minus any shipment costs.
How does this 90-day guarantee work? Here are the specifics:
1. If upon receiving your purchase through delivery you have noticed a defect in the product, or if you have decided that the color, size and length of the pearl jewelry does not suit you, send us an email at email@example.com within seven business days after receipt of the product. In this email, just tell us that you are returning your purchase to us and ask for an authorization for the said return. Our customer service staff shall be happy to respond to your email at the soonest time possible.
2. After you have received the authorization to return the item from us, ship the item back to us in its original packaging, without any wear or tear. You have 90 days from the day you have bought the item from us to complete the return. Please include with your return a copy of the invoice given with your purchase as well as specific instructions on whether you want to return these items for a refund or as a credit towards replacement items.
3. Once we've received your returned items we will begin processing them right away. You can expect notice from us either of a refund or of an exchange being shipped within five business days of our receipt of your returns. Please note that it can take anywhere from to up to ten days for a refund to post to your credit card or bank statement after we issue it to you. We will refund you the amount of the item minus any shipment costs associated with the purchase. The original and return-shipping fees are non-refundable. All full refunds for shipped orders will have the cost of shipment deducted from them when refunded. If you have received a free shipping offer or complimentary upgrade and you return the entire purchase and/ or your returns drop your total purchase below the minimum amount required for free shipping, then a shipping fee corresponding to the service you received will be deducted from your credit. However there will be no restocking fees involved for all standard in-stock items.
4. During processing your items will be inspected to make sure they are undamaged and have no moderate to strong scents/odors on them. If damage is found on your returned item(s) that did not occur during initial shipping of the items to you or they have a moderate to strong scent or odor of any kind then the item will be ineligible for return. To qualify as being damaged during shipping we require notification of the damage within five business days of the confirmed delivery of your item(s) including a description of the damage and a photograph of the damage. If your order was sent via a shipping method that does not contain insurance then your item will be ineligible to be returned for damage during initial shipping. In shipping items back to us it is the customer's responsibility to package the item securely and if they wish to insure the package on the way back to us. We cannot refund items that were damaged in transit back to our offices or if the package becomes lost in transit to our offices. We will however, repair any damaged items sent to us in accordance with our six month warranty.
5. Please keep in mind although we process your refund right away, however, the time until you see the refund on your credit card statement will depend on the processing time of your bank. In the case of international transactions, it would involve two banks so please allow extra time for that.
6. For orders paid for via credit card refunds may only be issued to the original card used to purchase the order. If this card is no longer valid then refunds may only be issued via a business check mailed to your address. Orders paid for via Paypal or Google checkout are not subject to these limitations.
7. For those items designed and made according to your specifications as a custom order, there will be a restocking fee of 15-30% depending on both the extent of the customizations and the dollar value of the item returned, which we do not carry in our store, because we will not be able to resell them. But we do not really want to charge our clients with the restocking fee. Therefore, for custom-made pearl jewelry pieces, we offer a warranty that is valid for 6 (six) months for any repairs or changes to these pieces.
We at Cathay Gems assure our clients that we have nothing but the best in our store, at a mere fraction of the price of pearl jewelry pieces sold by our competitors. But most of all, we want our clients to be truly satisfied with the quality of our products.