Every piece of pearl jewelry that you can find on our website is a work of art. Designed by one of our many jewelry designers and hand assembled by skilled jewelers. Even more than that, unlike other websites, at Cathay Gems YOU can be the designer as well. So with that in mind we believe that if we're going to offer you the chance to design the necklace, earrings, pendant, or other piece of your dreams it needs to be affordable to do it. After all, cost is the biggest obstacle that keeps people and the jewelry they love apart.
We are determined to offer you with the best combination of price and quality available. Typically jewelry prices are overly inflated because of a telephone game of changing hands between middlemen before it finally reaches you, each adding in a hefty profit margin of their own. The price is typically doubled each time it changes hands.
When it comes to pearls though, Cathay Gems needs no middlemen. We have our own pearl farm and jewelry factory which means that our pearls never change hands, and our silver, gold and CZ come right from the manufacturers, which is why you can special order anything you like. In addition, we guarantee if you take any piece of silver or gold jewelry to any lab for a test, the content will be at or over 92.5% for pure silver and 14k for gold, just as advertised.
This is also why we will not be undersold by our competitors. We're determined to give you the best price you'll find anywhere for quality jewelry. So we protect everything we sell with a 100% guarantee that if you can find the exact same item selling cheaper elsewhere then we'll sell you the same item for 10% less than they will, and if you find this out after you bought from us, we'll reimburse you the difference.
What does this all mean? Let's break it down:
1. If within 90 days after we've sold you any piece of jewelry and you find the exact same item selling at one of our competitors you should be able to take advantage of this deal.
2. Of course as you can understand, the said item must be exactly the same, we can't compare apples to oranges. Same size, shape, grade, length, color, design, and made from the same materials as well. So solid 14K yellow gold is only comparable to solid 14K yellow gold, silver to silver, etc.
3. The competitor in question must be an American incorporated business and have at least one office located in America capable of accepting/processing returns, conducting limited customer support as well as holding a manageable enough level of stock to continuously ship orders out from, and do so on a regular basis.
Due to ever changing global situations as well as issues with customs we cannot price match foreign based companies. This is because they are not subject to the same consumer protection laws that we are. Many foreign countries will refuse to allow business returns containing jewelry back into their country (ask any post office if you don't believe us), and many businesses abroad take full advantage of being shielded from returns to sell items that are much lower quality than what they advertise.
When you deal with us, you know we accept returns and you know we will not and cannot deceive you, it's against the law. So it's only fair that when competing on matters of price that it's with businesses that have to play by the same rules we do.
4. The company in question cannot have any sort of mandatory quantity or dollar value requirements to buy the product or get the lowered price in question. A company that may set a minimum required quantity for items of a specific type ordered or a dollar value for orders can afford to give you discounts greater than ours. This is because while the margins may be smaller they'll end up making more money in the long run by requiring that every sale only be a large(r) one. At Cathay Gems we don't have any minimum checkout requirements so we feel it's not fair to ask us to compete with companies that do. It's just like asking us to compete with a big department store supersale. Department stores have the means to safely sell products at that price for limited times because their business model gives them the means to take losses. Just as a company with a minimum checkout limit can afford to give continuous lower prices as each sale is guaranteed to get them more money than a smaller one would.
5. When you send us information about the price claim it needs to be current. If competitor X once sold their pearl earrings for $0.99 per pair we can't match it unless they still do. Inflation and pearl harvest issues cause prices to be in constant flux so we need to be able to verify without a doubt that this is the current price of the item(s) in question.
6. As well as being current the item must also be a regular, in stock item they can sell now and still intend to sell at that price well future. It wouldn't be fair to price match a company having a clearance sale for instance, since when they do that many companies just need to make room so they'll often take losses on items just to get them out the door. We wouldn't expect any of our competitors to match any of our clearance sales
so we unfortunately can't match theirs either.
7. When figuring out who's selling at the lowest price, other figures need to be factored into the deal. This includes sales tax, as well as shipping and handling fees. This is because other companies may charge you for the actual cost of shipping, but at Cathay Gems we offer flat rate shipping at low prices. Please note however that the shipping methods need to be directly comparable. You can't choose a company's lowest cost shipping option and compare it to our express mail shipping option to say the total
cost is lower. As with the item in question the comparison needs to be apples to apples and not apples to oranges.
8. The 90 day period is set in stone and cannot be changed. This is for the same reason that we require information on the price be current. Market conditions and harvest conditions change constantly, so the price of pearls and pearl jewelry will never stay the same in the long run.
9. To amend the previous point, the observed 90 day period is on a per customer basis and not a per order basis. Within a given span of 90 days you may only price items in any one order and may not do it again until 90 days after the original price match.
10. As with clearance items, discount coupons, price match attempts by competitors, sales of any kind (especially the going out of business kind) cannot be factored in or matched to. Each business has its own operating costs and can afford it's own level of discounts. For instance a jewelry store that normally sells items at prices twice as high as we do can afford to on certain occasions, undersell us. This is because the margins
they usually make allow them to build up a big enough war chest of funds and take losses on certain limited occasions to drum up the level of sales. This also is in effect to prevent someone from trying to get us and another company into a price war. If they lower their price for just you we cannot match that lower price as it's given to you on a special one on one basis. So we can only price match the un-discounted, regular
continuing price of any given item(s).
11. Building off of point number ten. The company/website in question with the lower price must be open and available to the public and not require anything special to make a purchase. We mention this because there are many wholesale only websites with things like quantity limits, checkout limits, and often other requirements as well to place an order. Cathay Gems is a website dedicated to enable anyone who wants to have the jewelry they love, or be the designer in crafting their own piece of jewelry. As such we can't be expected to price match wholesale companies that operate on an entire other business model than we do. It would be like asking our competitors to compete with our wholesale website (located elsewhere,) which wouldn't be fair to them.
12. All price match claims will be evaluated and processed within seven to ten business days of being received. You should have your refund issued promptly within that time frame.
13. Cathay Gems reserves the right to enforce the above criteria as it sees fit and refuse any and all price match claims that do not conform to the above terms.
Again we want to take the time to stress that at Cathay Gems we only sell high quality items, and we want to do so at the lowest prices reasonably possible. We get everything we need direct from the source or as close to it as is reasonably possible so we can afford to regularly sell you pearls and pearl jewelry at prices you won't find anywhere else. We have our own staff of designers hard at work every day thinking up the next line of pieces we'll carry and unlike other companies here you too can be the
So we hereby challenge you, the customer, to find a better deal then what we're offering you right now. If by some twist of fate you do, we'll do one better for you, guaranteed.